Blog Post #4


End of Spring 2022

 
For my Mental and Physical Health:

From this semester, I learned to leave one day of the week for myself—either for cleaning, resting, reorganize, or do something for myself. I didn’t do that in this semester, and that took a hit on my grades. I have to learn to say no. If it affects my health, it is not worth it.

For my career goals:

Now that I’m close to finishing my two majors, I noticed that I haven’t work in what I originally wanted. I started to keep an agenda (an actual book). In cases where I don’t finish items of one day, I work on them the next day. I’m keeping a note to remember to make time for:

  •       Practicing sculpting faces
  •       Studying for the MCAT
  •       Look for opportunities about Forensic Anthropology.

I will continue working in the Forensic Entomology lab because I like it, but I’m aware that it is not my end goal. However, having experience in research will be helpful.

Advice:

I believe what helped me to continue is talking to my professors. I had reassurance that it is not the end if I fail at some point. I also had friends who checked on me when I overworked myself.

I think the things I learned this semester that might help for STEM students are

  • Keep an agenda, so you don’t have to stress in remembering deadlines. 
    • For your daily tasks, plan on doing the minimum. That way your day is more flexible (in case of emergencies, or if a task takes longer than expected). If you end up having too much free time, you can work in just 1-2 tasks ahead and rest.
  • Learn to say no if you have too much in your plate.
  • Keep a note of what your goals are.
  • Sleep 7 hours minimum.
  • Keep a day free for yourself.
  • Prepare your meals a night before.
  • Ask for help. Talk with friends and professors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Protein: Q13231 (CHIT1)

CULTURAL INTELLIGENCE

First Day! Streak Method, Gram Stain Test and Microscope.