Reflections on my current and desired on-line presence 10/15/21

 Reflections on my current and desired on-line presence

After creating my website, I have been posting more regularly. The major reason is because there is a challenge in October called "Inktober". Unfortunately, I stopped last week because of finals and midterms. From the science part, I haven't post anything. I'm working in a decomposition research and insect identification. This information still remain private. However, this week I started a class called "On Walking", an art class. The main project is to keep a journal (online or paper). Art here is not the main goal, but part of the process. Our teacher explained that it can be related to something of interested. For me, I'm focusing in collecting insects for the research, so I can write down about that. The second important part of this class is to post our journals in any platform we feel comfortable. I feel comfortable using Instagram. I prefer to write down in a notebook, and then posting the pictures. Thus, I might be able to post more about science from now on. 


For Arts:

I'm going to try to catch up with the drawing challenge this following week. Also, I'm trying to finish some pieces for an arts competition. I noticed many people like to post videos of their progress on TikTok, so I might try that.

For Science:

Our teacher stated that if we use social media for posting our journal, we should create a new account just for that. I can create a new one in Instagram. I can post about the insects I collect or identify--specially this weekend. I'll be going to collect insects this weekend and the next one. I can post about that, and I found. 
Also, I can add this account to the website I created. 

..............................................................


So far, I learned that it is easier for me to post in social media platforms than other ones. The main reason is because I already know how to use those platforms. At school, almost every class I'm taking uses different platforms (other than Canvas, like Slack, Yellowdig, etc.) I become overwhelmed trying new things all at once. 


Here is a picture of the caterpillar I found this Wednesday, next to KIVA. I took it to Dr. Weidner's lab. After placing it in a tank with dirt, it dig down instead of eating. Meeds mentioned that it was ready to pupae because of its size. Hopefully, we will see a moth soon.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Protein: Q13231 (CHIT1)

CULTURAL INTELLIGENCE

First Day! Streak Method, Gram Stain Test and Microscope.